The HCAP Transfer Pipeline Program provides peer mentorship and support to transfer students during their first semester at Hunter College. While open to all, this program focuses on Asian American and other first-generation college students who are transferring into Hunter from other CUNY community colleges. This program is supported by the Hunter College AANAPISI Project (HCAP) and the BMCC-Hunter AANAPISI Bridge Initiative (ABI). HCAP/ABI programming is open to all regardless of identity.
Current Cycle Closed
• Transfer Mentees participate in this program for ONE semester, not one academic year.
• We are accepting mentee applications for Fall 2023 only (late August – December).
• Applicants MUST be starting their FIRST semester as a transfer student at Hunter.
- MUST be a transfer student starting your FIRST semester at Hunter in Fall 2023.
- Must be available to meet all program requirements.
- Preference will be given to students transferring from CUNY community colleges (including but not limited to: BMCC, LaGuardia, Hostos, BCC).
- Assigned a peer mentor (a current Hunter College undergraduate student), matched based on your academic and personal interests.
- Kick-Off event to build community with other transfer students and get introduced to trained Peer Mentors and HCAP staff.
- Monthly check-in meetings with a Peer Mentor
- Workshops to introduce you to resources at Hunter.
- 3 monthly unlimited Metrocards to be used during the semester (1 each provided in October, November, and December upon completing Peer Mentor meetings).
- Connection to a supportive peer community and 1:1 support from HCAP staff.
- Attend a virtual kick-off event on Tuesday, August 15th @ 6:00-7:30pm via Zoom.
- Attend 2 mentor meetings per month (September, October, November, December).
- Attend at least 1 HCAP community workshop.
- Attend at least 1 one-on-one meeting with HCAP staff.
- Be in regular contact with your mentor and HCAP staff.
We will accept up to 20 mentees for this cohort. If accepted, applicants will be notified via an email message to their Hunter College email address by August 7th.
July 25, 2023 @ 11:59pm ET
Learn more about our past Transfer Peer Mentors by visiting our cohort page.
If you have any questions, contact HCAP Program Director, Caitlin Ho at ch1322(at)hunter.cuny.edu and HCAP Administrative Assistant, Jade Yeung at jyeun(at)hunter.cuny.edu.
*The information in your application is confidential and will only be used for internal use at HCAP/ABI.