Transfer Pipeline Program
The Transfer Pipeline Program is a new program by the Hunter College AANAPISI Project (HCAP) and BMCC-Hunter AANAPISI Bridge Initiative (ABI) to provide peer mentorship and a supportive community for incoming transfer students to Hunter.
Through the Transfer Pipeline Program, students will:
- Reflect and share how their own identities influence their experiences in college
- Identify and access Hunter’s network of resources
- Feel connected to a larger support community of fellow transfer students and peer mentors to increase their sense of belonging to Hunter College
This program is open to all, but focuses on incoming transfer students who identify as Asian American (including but not limited to: South Asian, Southeast Asian, East Asian, Central Asian, West Asian, Indo-Caribbean) and/or first-generation college students (your parent(s) did not attend college in this country).
We are currently recruiting for mentees for the Fall 2021 semester.
Please see below for more information on criteria and how to apply.
Transfer Pipeline Program – Mentee Application
Deadline to Apply: August 4th, 11:59pm ET
Submit your application at: bit.ly/tppmentee
Transfer Pipeline Program Mentee Timeline:
Fall 2021 semester (late August – December)
- Kick-off event to build community with other transfer students and get introduced to trained peer mentors and HCAP staff
- Assigned peer mentor based on your academic and personal interests
- Small group meetings with peer mentors and other transfer mentees
- Workshops to introduce you to resources at Hunter (such as: Hunter’s Math, Science and Writing Centers, Career Development Services, Pre-Professions Offices)
- 3 monthly unlimited metrocards to be used during the semester
- Connection to a supportive peer community and 1:1 support from HCAP staff
- Attend virtual kick-off event on Wednesday, August 18th @ 5:30-7:00pm via Zoom
- Attend 2 small group meetings per month (September, October, November, December)
- Attend at least 1 Transfer Pipeline resource workshop
- Attend at least 1 one-on-one meeting with HCAP staff
- Be in regular contact with your mentor and HCAP staff
- Must be a transfer student starting your first semester at Hunter in Fall 2021 and available to attend all program requirements
- Preference will be given to students transferring from CUNY community colleges (including but not limited to: BMCC, LaGuardia, Hostos, BCC)
Apply by August 4th at: bit.ly/tppmentee
We seek to accept up to 20 mentees for our first cohort. If accepted, applicants will be notified via an email message to their Hunter College email address by the week of August 9th.