The HCAP Asian American Communities Internship Program places Hunter College undergraduate students at community-based organizations that serve Asian/Asian American communities in New York City.
Students are matched with an Asian/Asian American community-based organization that speaks to the student’s career aspirations, academic interests, and goals for their internship experience.
Applications for the Summer 2022 HCAP Internship Program are now open!
The deadline to apply is April 29th, 2022 @ 11:59pm ET. To learn more visit: bit.ly/hcapinternship
Are you interested in…..
- Gaining practical experience at an Asian American community-based organization?
- Exploring work in: advocacy, mental health, immigrant rights, women’s rights, gender equity, and youth development?
- Building your leadership skills, furthering your professional development, and gaining exposure to a range of career pathways?
PROGRAM OVERVIEW & COMMITMENTS:
- Interns work 15 hours per week over 12-weeks during Summer 2022 (June 6th to August 26th)
- Interns are placed at an Asian/Asian American-serving organization in New York City
- Interns will meet every 2 weeks with the HCAP Internship Coordinator to receive individual coaching, support and guidance as they build experiences and explore future career choices
- Interns will receive a $2800 stipend from HCAP
- Interns will present at HCAP Zoom event to share internship experience and learnings at the end of the summer program
- Must be a continuing undergraduate student at Hunter planning to graduate Fall 2022 or later (recent grads are NOT eligible to apply)
- Must be in good academic standing
- Preference given to students who have taken at least 1 Asian American Studies course
- In order to receive the stipend, interns must successfully complete the first month of the internship, be a current Hunter undergraduate student and a U.S. Citizen or US Non-citizen National or Permanent Resident
Submit your application by April 29th, 2022 @ 11:59pm ET.
To learn more about program commitments, placement sites, and to complete your application, visit: bit.ly/hcapinternship
If you have questions, please contact the HCAP Internship Coordinator, Biba Fullon at: firstname.lastname@example.org