HCAP Leadership Internship Program
The HCAP Leadership Internship Program places Hunter College undergraduate students at community-based organizations that serve Asian/Asian American communities in New York City.
Students are matched with an Asian/Asian American community-based organization that speaks to the student’s career aspirations, academic interests, and goals for their internship experience.
Are you interested in…..
- Gaining practical experience at an Asian American community-based organization?
- Exploring work in: public health, housing rights, cultural arts and history, immigrant rights, gender equity, and youth development?
- Building your leadership skills, furthering your professional development, and gaining exposure to a range of career pathways?
Check out the HCAP Student Leadership Internship Program! It is:
- A semester-long course (ASIAN 29000), taken for 3 credits (1 semester) or 6 credits (2 semesters)
- A 10-15 hour/week internship. Students are matched with an Asian American serving organization in New York City
- An opportunity to participate in a series of workshops and events throughout the semester, focused on skills building, professional development and exploring different career pathways
- An opportunity to receive individual coaching, support and guidance
Students accepted into the internship program can register for ASIAN 29000. They meet bi-weekly with the HCAP Director during the semester and complete short assignments to process and reflect upon their experience. A final project is due at the end of the internship, developed by the student in consultation with the HCAP Program Director.
Interested students should contact the HCAP Program Director, Caitlin Ho, at firstname.lastname@example.org the semester before to express their interest and discuss the program.
Students can also present the HCAP Program Director with a potential internship site, if they already have an Asian/Asian American organization in mind.
For more information, see the HCAP Internship Overview
To apply, complete the HCAP Leadership Internship Application
If you are a community-based organization seeking interns, see the HCAP Internship Overview for Placement Organizations
Examples of Digital Story Final Projects:
Final Project Story: Organizing with Filipino American Communities
Final Project Story: Planning a Town Hall Event on Art & Asian American Mental Health
To see more HCAP student intern projects, click below!